Wednesday, September 9, 2015

In math we have been working on The Order of Operations.  The order is as follows:
1.  Complete what is in parentheses.
2.  Multiply and Divide in order from left to right.
3.  Add and Subtract in order from left to right.

The students will have homework tonight - Creating and solving expressions (using the order of operations) that describe statements and word problems.  We have gone over the problems done in class. 

To help, if you get confused, I have created 1 short video using the FREE app "Show Me".  I think you can click this link to access the video (without down loading the free application) http://www.showme.com/sh/?h=lHakyhs or view the video below.  There are other videos available, but the one I posted is the one you see first.  The name is:  Expressions to describe story problems 2.



Now, I am not a professional at making theses videos - that being said I would love any comments or feedback.  Thank you. 

1 comment:

  1. Very good!!!! I will be watching for more videos. I love you style and you keep my attention the entire time. I just wish i would have watched this last night while i was helping with homework. I am still tripped up over the window treatment problem. I can hardly wait to see if we got the right answer. I also think we got the last one wrong. If i would have watched this video i would have known that we should multiply and divide first and then add. Suddenly it all comes back to me now. Great job bravo!!! Teacher of the year : )

    - Jenn Bird

    ReplyDelete